Workers required to utilize Elevated Work Platforms must be trained in the System Components, Inspection, Safe Use and Handling.
This Elevated Work Platform (EWP) course is approximately 8 hours in duration and includes an instructor led powerpoint presentation, videos, class exercises, inspection and use of an EWP and written knowledge test.
The learning objectives of this Elevated Work Platform course are to ensure that students demonstrate an understanding of the following:
- Legislation and Standards as they relate to Elevated Work Platforms
- Employer and Worker Responsibilities
- Elements of Pre-Work Planning
- Load Limitations and Calculations
- Pre-Use Check and Visual Inspection
- Personal Protective Equipment Requirements
- System Components
- Working from Heights
- Platform Types
- Machine Specific Features
- Safe Operation
- The Training and Competency requirements
- Rescue and Escape Planning
- Recognition, Evaluation and Control of Hazards
To register for the Elevated Work Platform please contact us at 403-973-6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clients need to provide the training facility, which must be equipped with an operational Elevated Work Platform and enough space to safely conduct the practical exercises using the Elevated Work Platform.