Workers entering and working in or around Confined Spaces and Restricted Spaces must be trained in order to perform their duties in a safe and healthy manner.
This Confined Space Entry and Monitor course is approximately 7 hours in duration and includes an instructor led powerpoint presentation, class exercises, videos and a written knowledge test.
The learning objectives of this Confined Space Entry and Monitor course are to ensure that students demonstrate an understanding of the following:
- The OSSA Regional Code of Practice requirements
- What a Confined Space and Restricted Space is
- The Training and competency requirements
- Recognition, evaluation and control of hazards and completing a hazard assessment
- Classification of Confined Space Levels
- Legislation requirements (Safety and Protection)
- Hazardous Substances and Energy (Isolation)
- Testing the Atmosphere
- Ventilation and Purging
- Neutralization and Inerting
- Entry Permit System
- Confined Space Monitor Responsibilities and Duties
- Emergency Response
- Personal Protective Equipment
To register for the Confined Space Entry and Monitor please contact us at 403-973-6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.